Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My throat is on fire and there is a great miasma that the rain can never clear. Also, I've slept for approximately 13 hours (yay!) and the Throbbing Headache Spelling Doom has left me. 

Anyway, I dreamt that I was taking lit paper 5 at home (which was awful because I had no desk to write on), and there were only two sides to the question paper. I flipped to look at the Duffy questions, and the first one went mysteriously like "That distance between childhood and experience" and it didn't say "discuss" or "critically appreciate" or anything. The second question was really long and required you to discuss the ENTIRE collection in Mean Time, and for obvious reasons, I got very pissed because it wasn't in the syllabus. 

With a terrible sense of despair that crept to my bones, I turned to the Practical Criticism section, and found A LIST OF NAMES parading as a poem, and the question had two parts. It was all very S paper, and demanded you criticise the use of form and structure and how it was appropriate etc.. I didn't even look at the comparison questions, but I remember having a spankin' new Shakespeare play on my lap. 

Then, I got back my answer script for paper 1, and saw that some invigilator had written an irregularity comment on the top of my script, claiming that I didn't "flip back" my paper in time. Some nightmare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment