Sunday, November 07, 2010

pudding

James Franco: 
I finally took the plunge and experimented with the form myself when I signed on to appear on 20 episodes of "General Hospital" as the bad-boy artist "Franco, just Franco." I disrupted the audience's suspension of disbelief, because no matter how far I got into the character, I was going to be perceived as something that doesn't belong to the incredibly stylized world of soap operas. Everyone watching would see an actor they recognized, a real person in a made-up world.

and oh by the way, he has enrolled in Yale's English PhD programme and the Rhode Island School of Design, after completing an MFA writing programme in Columbia, a fiction writing course in Brooklyn College, a poetry writing course in Warren Wilson College, and a graduate filmmaking programme in NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, all at the same time. All that while finding time to be the face of Gucci, performance impressively in a couple of movies (HELLO? AS ALLEN GINSBERG IN HOWL? IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW COOL A PERSON CAN BE?), eat some food, etc. I think I have a man crush on James Franco, but Susan Sontag will always be my one true love.

(I'm still working on my SEA-history-and-food post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment