Saturday, February 17, 2007

1st day of My Only Real Holiday

It's the eve of CNY! I was so busy trying to soak in that festive joy that I turned super ravenous in time for dinner. And the first buah keluak of the new year tasted so so good! (I can never pronounce its name properly for whatever reason, much to the embarrassment and shame of my family.) We ended up discussing whether the buah keluak and chap chye were salty enough for our relatives tomorrow when they visit in the evening, since the dish tends to ferment and release richer flavours overnight in the fridge, but too much salt would make it jelat (i think).

And my dad took out flat rye crackers for us and took out a small bottle of caviar. From Ikea. That's not caviar, I said. It's just roe. (But whatever, you know, things tend to taste better if you label them as something more expensive than what they really are.) However, roe and rye crackers are a marriage that has all the essence of a Britney matrimony. The rye tasted like chinchilla pellets, and don't even talk about the roe (it was fishy and salty and urgh slimy). Maybe the Swedes like their breakfast that way, I don't know.

Rock melon is now my favourite fruit, and Turkish Delights are now my favourite candy (so exotic, hah). I'm loving my holiday. :) And I'll still be working on those logarithms!

Anyway, I was Youtubing around with my sister, and we were laughing along to the MAD TV parodies. I think the Alias one is so funny, especially when she cries! And the lame ones of the Abercrombie generations were too funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment