Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Perfect

Hmm, I'm feeling much less burdened now, but I'm still getting recurring headaches and there is a suspicious lump at the back of my ear... (twiddles thumbs, looks around). And I woke up today to find my right eye sore and puffy which caused a slight asymmetry in my face that was almost... cute. My body is aging prematurely. Or something.

Speaking of aging prematurely, sources have been telling me that my EL teacher calls my common test descriptive writing essay near-JC level. OK, I thought, maybe it would have taken a more sophisticated sentence structure to make fully it JC? Then to my surprise/horror, I find that it has received the honour of being a an open dictation passage— for my class and another class, which was really weird for me. Nearly everyone knows about it now, and the idea of celebrity intrigues me, especially since present-day stars cannot be correctly called good role models in absolute truth, and the issue of privacy and the paparazzi, and the hordes of screaming, adoring fans makes one wonder whether JK Rowling would ever pop down to the grocery down her street for a bottle of pop without being assaulted by the leering eyes of the judgemental public, or whether even Catherine Lim could go shopping for books at Kinokuniya without having to hold an impromptu autograph session, and grace a book club meeting perhaps? Etcetra. Thank goodness for online shopping, and the veil of ignorance that this generation shrouds on writers.

I think the beauty of keeping a blog is that you can write about any topic without the slightest fear or nervous apprehension that you would be judged and criticized for making spelling mistakes, syntax errors or going out of point. You will, however, be laughed at if you still speak in Twit, which is a good opportunity to clear up any fundamental errors of the English Language (for example, o is not the same of 0) before even moving on the relatively highly advanced applications of sentence formation.

I have an A Maths test tomorrow!! I want a 30/30 very badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment