Monday, February 12, 2007

Rites of passage

Happy Birthday, Angeline! (you're now in that exclusive 15-years-old-before-CNY club! LOL)

I think Stuart associates me with mustaches, since he's the only guy who did not read my blog but could tell that I had shaved.

We were watching Without Warning during assembly in the hall today. Almost propaganda, until they gave correct portrayals of the public in Singapore. One of the actresses was so good, I was actually convinced by her acting to the point where I felt angst and rage. She was the 'Mum' of the domestic helper who caught the flu and mistook it for that deadly virus that was spreading like wildfire on a perfumery next to an oil drill and gas power station. She was so bitchy! I was reminded the time where I think Zizhao, Elizabeth and I accompanied Nelson to buy some concert tickets at J8 when a women came up and shouted at the middle-aged Sistic counter staff about a matter as trival as credit cards (or perhaps she really really, really wanted to watch a particular show that was sold-out) in front of her baby daughter. I was so apalled that I gave her the Look Of Death but I was only sec 1 then so it wasn't as successful, anyway.

"These people, English so good want to show off like that" muttered one of the women. I felt sorry for her, but I think that's the price to pay when you want Singaporeans to wake up to better and more professional service.

Elizabeth gave me a magazine for my birthday present! It isn't any magazine though, it's iSh— that architectural and lifestyle magazine (with the pretty pictures!) (random sidenote: I'm still sore that a certain someone would buy a present for that certain someone but wouldn't get even a card for me, but I'm so kind and merciful, that certain someone wouldn't have known what I'm talking about anyway. And I don't think it's much of a macho-guy thing to be giving presents to each other so yeah.)

My goodness. I was planning to fall asleep by 10 (because I'm getting interviewed for MOE's "Future School" project) but I ended up helping my dad with his writing workshop homework—the irony of generational role-reversals -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment