Friday, February 16, 2007

Prune

I went out with Sherina, Gwen, Jalyn, Joey and Andrea today!

I hate shopping when there are large crowds, especially at topman with its randomly placed clothes racks that always end up blocking my way. And it's interesting to overhear conversations of other people, especially schools that are known for its promiscuous bimbos.

Lunch was so so good. We went to a Japanese fast food restaurent at the basement of Cathay Cineleisure and wow the cold soba noodles were good. The agedashi tofu was a little on the chewy-starchy side and the tentsuyu that came with it wasn't sweet enough, so I guess I should have ordered the chicken instead. I felt the meal was rather affordable, considering its generous portions, but I sensed I still would have ended up hungry; fortunately, Sherina and Gwen hated eggplant so I ended up with two extra eggplant tempura pieces (and a Japanese sweet potato one that Sherina mistook for a brinjal, poor girl).

After that, we watched Epic Movie. My goodness, it was so amazingly lame and funny (at the beginning) and Andrea, who was sitting next to me, kept laughing with mad, uncontrolled hysteria that would have been frightening if not for the fact that there were many other people surrounding me so I was probably quite safe. I think the funniest part was when Paris Hilton walked out of a boutique and paused on the sidewalk and said 'I am so hot' in that nonchalent bimbotic way behind her huge shades, when this other lady fell from the sky and landed on her, discovering The Golden Ticket in Paris' purse. Etc. etc.

The ending was really weird and odd though. I didn't like it. It was so lame. Gah.

Shopping at Far East Plaza was so tedious. We met some other XMS people, so Andrea and I tagged along with some of the guys since they were going bag shopping, etc. etc.

After stopping over at Adidas Originals at Pacific Plaza, we did some shopping at Topshop/man. Actually, it was more like Sherina was doing the shopping, since I was too busy weaving my way through the sea of men with the same hairstyle. It's scary when one shops at almost-lifestyle stores because everyone owns the same clothes. (But it still beats trying to leap over random sized people at Flesh Imp since their chains and bling-bling become a tripping hazard.)

And then I saw a T-shirt that caught my eye but was only available in sizes that I don't buy. Suddenly in a flash of inspiration and intelligence, Andrea, the hybrid of Shaojie and I, said something that I thought was... meaningful, sort of. You shouldn't buy something for the sake of spending your money; you should buy something that you really like so you can look back and feel a sense of achievement, he said. (I think, that's why I'm not putting it in quotes.) Although I'm not so sure about the part about the sense of achievement, I've realized that it's best I save my Christmas Shopping Fund instead of buying stuff for the sake of spending. Well, that definitely came from my side of the family, hah!

Actually, I'm getting bored of Orchard Road. So predictable, so uncomfortable, so uneventful. Maybe if I'm adventurous, I shall hit Haji Lane. (If I could ever find it, that is.) And then again, I've realized that I go shopping with no objective whatsoever. And I still haven't bought new slippers.

I love CNY!
I love logarithms, especially when one can figure out the solution without getting any other help. There's this surprising sense of hope and achievement. Mr Lee, our new maths teacher, was telling us that we need to spend a day to quietly think through and take some time to understand the different concepts, like he did one rainy day in Sec 3. When will my rainy day come? (even though the monsoon season is over now, but that's not the point)

No comments:

Post a Comment