Sunday, May 20, 2007

High on helium; Choir committee 2007/2008

My sister inhaled some helium from her balloon that she got at Hog's Breath Cafe yesterday and was speaking in a squeaky shrill voice that sort of left us in fits of laughter. The series of incidences that led to her obtaining the balloon was a rather... hilarious but humiliating one that involved having to behave half one's age.

Anyway, I'll just make a short unofficial first speech as the choir president now.
I am so proud to be in the Xinmin Chorale, however cheesy that may have sounded, but still, it's true, and I am really excited to work with my new committee: Mingting, Royson, Angeline, Gavin, Xinyi, Marcus, Abigail, Nicholas, Gwen, Vivian, Elizabeth, Wendy, Leonard, Tengyong, Stuart and Colin! Wow, that's 16 people. OK, even though SYF's over, I think we'll have to start working on training the juniors (esp. the sec 2s!!) and get to know the sec 1s. Furthermore, I am really glad that we have a sec 1 in the committee! (And he's in bass. *proud*)

And how interesting that Angeline, Mingting and I are all debaters! So juniors won't dare mess with us! (smug) Besides, choir has always produced a number of debaters. Except last year. And this year. Sigh.

I really really miss the times we had in Perth now. But that was 2 years ago! I bet the memories are making people feel old already. Or watching Les Choristes in the cinema/library. I am speaking in incoherent fragments that my English teachers will all frown on.

I remember the first committee meeting with mrs yeap during homecoming day last year!

No Zhaozhi, I don't know what's that funny chinese phrase you posted on my tagboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment