Friday, April 11, 2008

The Week of Dinners Pt.3

Hey, I'll reply to all your tags soon, once I've gotten past this hectic and traumatising Week Of Dinners.

Anyway, dinner today was good. My cousin and her husband came back from Arizona, with their three little boys with really cool names (Andrea, they'll make your name seem conventional, really!) and equally cool hairdos. My favourite was the sautéed vegetables with garlic and butter. The broccoli and cauliflowers were all really soft and buttery, they seemed to melt in your mouth.

But what happened during speech day rehearsal was pretty shitty, as I would have expected. Get one stressed teacher in charge for speech day and a few boo-boos, and you get a major eruption that can't be measured on the Richter scale. And it happened after I conducted the choir for the last time ever, too. (Besides, there was a surprisingly unprofessional and uncalled-for interruption during the 2nd song which really threw me off-focus.)

I guess visitors to our school tomorrow will only see the superficial veneer of respectability for posterity. They would have no inkling whatsoever about the ironic lack of respect for students who work their asses off for something they felt so much for, only to have whatever dignity they had torn to shreds in front of the people they inspired, and be accused of tarnishing reputations (if that's the most important thing that matters to some people).

So, when you sit there and watch Speech Day 2008, please remember the people that have worked hard to produce it. Also, spare a thought for everyone who has been affected by something that I would feel is akin to a Soviet kangaroo court.

I am so glad to be finally able to graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment