Tuesday, April 22, 2008

we'll become silhouettes

My blogging's getting very food-centric these days.


But anyway, this is the peanut butter and chocolate brownie from P.Osh, a brownie gallery at dhoby x.change. ("Brownie gallery" sounds really classy, haha. And is there anything oh-so-hip about placing full-stops at the most inappropriate places with no formatting whatsoever?)


The brownie base was really warm and moist. Maybe it's just my personal taste, but I didn't quite like the peanut butter. With the chocolate icing, the whole brownie felt a tad too heavy. I think I'll be going back to try the other flavours.

By some amazing coincidence, I met my sister outside school today! We went to ajisen ramen for lunch, and I had two buns from breadtalk from their new "japanese" line that snazzed-up otherwise run-of-the mill creations with exotic terms like 'sakura' and 'hokkaido'. That is, however, not to say that the buns were altogether bad and worth great admonishment and disdain. The hokkaido dome I had was soft and fluffy, but felt more like a blander version of those coffee buns of yore. (okay, maybe not to such a great extent, but coffee buns were getting kinda overdone before they started to vanish.) 'Sakura' bun with pink cream was slightly better, but still adopted the crackled-sugar texture for its dome. I think I expected more from breadtalk, it being so forward-looking and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment