Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What I did on half-day monday

Actually, I wanted to revise A Maths, but I realised that I left my textbook under my desk, much to my dismay. Anyway, I tried to come up with something creative to make using the bottle of sea salt that I bought a few weeks ago!


Intended to make macaroons but I guess those are way beyond me still. The meringue shells came out of the oven flat and embarrassingly un-macaroonish. They tasted quite good though, so I thought they would go better with a generous scoop of plain and creamy vanilla ice cream.

I think I'm much happier with the salted caramel that I had intended to use as the ganache, which was really sweet but had a pleasant subtly salty edge to it. I think I'll skip the meringue shells and dive straight into making the caramel the next time. Watching sugar melt and caramelise is such a euphoric sensation for the olfactors.

No comments:

Post a Comment