Saturday, January 03, 2009

happy supposed-to birthday to me

Today is the third of January, the date I was supposed to be born on. 17 years ago, my parents were probably really annoyed that I didn't budge and refused to comply with the gynae's suggestions and gentle coaxing. Anyway, after the 2nd day orientation for project serve, I went for lunch with the debaters at Sumo House, which was an interesting experience because I had never eaten there before. Later on, we had dessert at that snow ice place in AMK hub. (my current favourite dessert) Thanks a ton guys :) I wish I had brought my camera and dressed in clothes that were actually not covered in mud to start with!

There is one colour that I singularly detest, and it ruins my day to think of its existence. It doesn't have a name, but instead borders on purple and dark pink and maroon and dark green altogether to form a shade of purple-y maroon so vile and rife with notions of evil, viewing it makes me feel as if there is a whole micro-universe in my bone marrow that seems to consist largely of organisms that communicate purely by scratching their nails on chalkboards.

OK, so my parents lovingly selected a shirt that happened to be in that truly discomforting colour, remembered my shirt size, remembered that I once mentioned something about lapels and cufflinks to them, and chose a tasteful and expensive brand associated with quality and heritage etc. etc., thatsortathing, and I'm really grateful and touched that they took time off their Saturday to look for a present for me (after breakfast at tiong bahru and while shopping for other things around centrepoint e.g. some Swiss pineapple cutter).

I'm just whining again, am I not? I think I'm going through the angsty phase again when I think the universe should revolve around me again.

And my grandmother nearly claimed the really nifty and magical instant warmer Andrea gave, probably because hot water bottles are so two centuries ago. I think I shall buy a larger one for her.

Also: obviously no one in my family got the hint that all I want for my birthday is the Cuisinart ICE-20 despite sneaking it into every conversation. I assure you, you will not regret the returns from this machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment