Thursday, January 22, 2009

lead me to a quiet cell

Ugh I'm gonna be so grumpy these few days. I was most ungracefully socked straight in the jaw during basketball today by a ball which I could have caught but missed because my hands were not at their most cooperative today. My glasses are now bent and gnarly because the ball fell from the air right smack into its frame. I have a few mysterious gashes on my hand that I suspect came from someone's refusal to trim his nails.

I am almost three inches away from the screen now because I can't see much without glasses, and it hurts when I chew.

However, the lights look very pretty when their sometimes grimy details are masked by a light-diffracting, diaphanous cloud of myopia. I could sit on the grass all day and watch the green on the leaves sparkle like baubles under the sunshine, if only I could take a day off to inhale deeply and block out the maddening hive of activity around me all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment