Monday, January 05, 2009

toasty

What is a birthday when it all ends, anyway? I think I've had SUCH a blessed day, not because more things happened or someone gave me everything on my crazy wish list, but because I've been more aware and thankful of the people God placed in my life who care so much for me and for all the opportunities that have come my way.

I had dinner earlier, at Crystal Jade in Ngee Ann City. It's the epitome of everything chi-chi and ostentatious in that it seems to cater to the "I order shark's fin whenever I'm feeling peckish, oh wait let me massage my Birkin first" clientele. I realised I loathe finding myself caught in such presumptuous realms, like how I found myself feeling like I was stuck in a 90s Home Alone scene in the dining hall of the hotel at the Dead Sea surrounded by the career-weary middle-aged holiday makers. The chili was great though! And my parents brought us for ice cream and gelato at the food hall. We had Azabu Sabo AND Venezia, and I chose my favourite flavours :)

Anyway, I spent the last few moments of the 5th of Jan replying to smses and Wall posts and chatting to Zizhao on Facebook. Mainly, reminiscing old times, especially the old piano corner.

It's so hard to imagine that I'm 17 now. But I thank Him for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment