Friday, April 06, 2007

Predictable Tomorrow

Today is Good Friday, when we remember and celebrate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Funny how we can celebrate someone's death huh? The reason why Good Friday is 'Good' at all is because of God's love for us that he could send his only son to die for sinners like us. In him we have hope of having a relationship with God again. And about 1970 years on, people think Good Friday is 'good' because it's a public holiday. Okay that's sad.

Tomorrow will be the only SYF rehearsal for us. I'll reach school at 8.45 and find the choir room opened and everyone will be busy getting ready and changing and smearing on gobs of make-up and lipstick in front of the giant mirror. I'll sneeze on the concealer and powder that's floating around in the room, and the smell of leather shoes that I only wear on occasions like these will once again jolt me to reality. I shall be horrified. Then we'll spend time doing warm-ups, and screaming at everyone to gather and get ready (some people will start to lean on the walls behind and I'll very likely glare at them) and the warm-ups to do tomorrow will consist of hissing and punches (8, 12 and 16 counts), 5 notes up the scale to the vowel 'e' and progressing to 'a', 4 notes down the scale to the syllables 'mi' and 'ma', some blending if we have time and going through See The Gipsies, Cui Dong Cui and Everyone Sang at least 8000+ times with probably minimal improvement until the teachers come up and scream at us. And after everything, we will walk down the stairs and the horrible, jarring sound of courtshoes clanking like hooves will bounce and echo off the walls to create a sinister effect much like trepidation, until we finally reach the initial burst of light, meaning to say we've reached the first floor and the buses will be waiting for us. We'll gather at the foyer area and collect attendance cards and take attendance, before leaving; the altos with basses and tenors with sopranos. There will probably be a mix-up and everyone will be slightly vexed for a few minutes but unimportant things like these are overshadowed by other causes for concern. I'll be stoning on the bus all the way to VCH and depending on my fortune and the probably theory, who I'll sit in front of would be good or bad and my hair might end up contaminated and messy when I get off the bus. We will once again walk up the marble steps after plodding along the granite and stone walkway in the strong sunlight that is ever so prevailant in these areas, and upon reaching the top the the stairs, we will encounter many other choirs with their costumes and make-up looking ultra spiffy and some smartass guy will start shaking his head and feeling discouraged and in turn, spreading this negative vibe to the rest of the choir before I once again glare at him. Once we've waited long enough for our turn, we'll practice walking up the stage and down the stage, and then test out the acoustics in the hall. Minghui, Olivia and I will be grinning at each other as some sort of encouragement before we start singing. Mr Yong will be very happy and the teachers shall give us a standing ovation for our wonderful performance. We'll go back up the bus and everyone will work harder fo the next practice and we'll get our gold, hooray.

And then I'll be having a meeting in the ever-so-conducive SL room with the annoying foam swords that everyone will get distracted by, anyway and I'll end up frustrated and dangerously unhappy if I find my time is wasted, but hey that's unlikely so I say hooray for flimsy grey rods.

Andrea's acting all emo in his blog posts again (and it's making my blood curdle and skin crawl) but he ended off with

"then i turn back to see what i've achieved over the 2 years. like from a styless ass to the 'present' me. from that hopeless nerd to the 'present' me. this stops for now. people whom i want, to reflect on their past 2 years in XMS. preferably Sam =)"


I couldn't understand what the last sentence meant, but by the way I interpret it, he wants me to reflect on my "past 2 years in XMS". So here it goes: (takes a deep breather)

hurhur lol; blah, ok yay.


Have a nice weekend, everybody! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment