Monday, October 20, 2008

floating 213 miles above Earth

600th post! *\O/*

This also marks the first day of O levels, which so far seems quite manageable. Invigilator seems nice, the hall feels like home now, and the temperature is just right. However, the spectre of The Bell Curve looms above us with the easy chemistry paper, and I can only make wild guesses about the A1 mark for this paper. It's probably like, 120% now. !@#*

And for lunch, I had a dory fish fillet, cherry tomatoes (that Mingting promptly swooped down on at first glance without acknowledging my presence), oranges (from Jeremy who brought what seemed like a pear orchard as well), and bars of Cadbury's Twirl that my mother bought me while feigning a sort of reluctance and resentment at caving in to my sudden chocolate craving. No, I'm not on Atkins or anything. I'm just trying to figure out what foods help me to concentrate better. Apparently this combination is working for me, but it leaves me hungry at the end of the paper.

I am reminiscing that tumultuous period in sec 2 when I was choosing my subject combination, since my sister is doing the same now. By an amazing turn of events, she found herself nominated for the new scholars' programme in school because of her more-than-decent results. (Am happy that I still beat her! yess.) Hopefully I won't get my smarmy and self-absorbed triple science mindset in the way of her decision-making, but it's probably bio and chem for her with pure lit, which is what I would have chosen if we were actually offered that.

I need a new phone. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment