Sunday, October 19, 2008

tomorrow tomorrow

Confession #1 -
I would like to mock-sheepishly boast that I refrained from touching my books for the entire weekend in an effort to chill out and relax before the start of the Big Game, but admittedly I did not and could not. However, I would like to emphasise that I never studied for 12 hours straight in a day. Ever. It is (a) unnatural and (b) long study marathons have never helped me. Tomorrow I will have to brace myself for another routine deluge of passive-aggressive condescension, if you get my drift, hur hur.

Confession #2 -
Do small blue tents, police lines and neighbours looking out from their windows with horror and immense concern strike you as odd? I was on my way to the park when I spotted this scene of an unfolding tragedy, not realising the gravity of what had happened until I spotted blood, fresh and incarnadine, seeping out from the little tent and, upon removing my earphones, someone wailing in the distance. It was mortifying. If I continue to encounter horror stories in my path like this all the time, then heck I'm all set for a career in journalism. (Surely a remark I'll later regret, but I need to indulge in sometimes-flippant repartee in my fragile, stressed-out state.)

Confession #3 -
I went to Canele. Again. This time, I went with my parents, and they thought the food was so-so. Actually, I'm starting to agree. The macaron shells were lumpy, and they ran out of tiramisu and that ostentatiously-named Le-something dessert, so we had to make do with a glorified citrus-scented cream pie with a whipped egg white filling and (I think) lemon curd. My parents had ice cream, which was edible but rather forgettable. The salt in the salted caramel was undetectable. The caramelised filo pastry cracked in the wrong way. The ice cream itself was pedestrian and so ordinary that we felt rather hurt and betrayed. I know I'm going to sound like a fuss-pot, but I enter that place with high expectations all the time, knowing how experienced the chef is and how his creations are promising and oftentimes at the vanguard of local talents (the keyword here is local). But service is above par and this usually saves the day!

AND O LEVELS START TOMORROW!! MY DRAWER BROKE, I WITNESSED A SUICIDE, MY LEGS ARE CRAMPING, THIS IS NOT VERY AUSPICIOUS :O :O :O (I'm only joking.) So cryptic, but I thank God that things aren't as bad as I think they seem. And I feel very blessed that I've got friends I can depend on and that I've gotten through the weeks without veering (too far) off the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment