Saturday, March 10, 2007

Please don't read this

I'm starting to miss not having to walk through Hougang in the dark first thing in the morning. I think change is so refreshing, and what more if we could change our venue every week? (just a crazy random thought) And I actually prefer the environment in hci. (well obviously anyone probably would have, too, I guess)

And gah I'm kind of disappointed in the guys from choir. But not in an I'm-demoralizing-you-for-the-sake-of-gratifying-myself kind of way, but more of the well-you-should-have-listened-to-the-teachers-right? kind of way. Is immaturity so contagious? Does it spread around, just like cancer? I think the choir needs to believe in itself before anything can be done. And before we can so confidently believe in ourselves, we have to feel some sense of bond among ourselves, right?

Bonding. What an annoying word. What's even more annoying is how we haven't had a camp for 1 year and about 3 months, and we can't do any more to encourage them.

I sometimes feel like hollering,
Hello? Where's your sense of urgency, people?
but we've done that. It didn't work. Stupid smirks, and people who dare to flirt around and fiddle with their phones and hair during choir practice; it all makes SYF sound like a death call. Isn't singing supposed to be fun? How are we supposed to encourage friendly competition when all we do is sing among each other, get intimidated and demoralized by other choirs and get scolded all the time, and no one of authority is doing anything when the situation escalates?

If, like in 2003, it takes SARS to cancel the thing and at the same time, instill a sense of common purpose and concern for each others safety, then I say hey I won't mind the bird flu pandemic if that is what it would take to unite everyone's hearts as one.

I'm just so disappointed with the MOE (like everyone else). Or rather, the world. There are people in this generation who are saying they hate their life, that they are too stressed to cope, that they are confused and wondering whether they can cope with their life. And these are just their personal messages on MSN. The world's all crap now, and the happiest moments are only when we forget what's happening around us, beyond our own little bubbles of comfort. I'll never be a teacher when I grow up because the pressure of trying to prove that the world can be a happy place is too difficult a task to handle. I'd rather be a journalist and show the world for what it really is. And whether it is worth it for people to sacrifice relationships, families and friends to pursue their selfish little money-making schemes.

Oh yes! My throat's feeling much better and I can take chocolate now! :D And when my parents come back from Hong Kong, they'll bring back a tonne of stuff! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment