Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Relative stupidity

Ohhkayy

something really funny (in a stoopid-duh way) happened to me during lessons today. Christine caught the lame bug and asked us what 'ni' was pronounced as, and subsequently, what 'ne' was pronounced as. I was busy wondering whether 'ne' was pronounced as in 'nemesis' or in 'nemo'. So anyway, she asked us what those two monosyllables put together would sound like. (I can't blog the actual combination of sounds since it would be so obvious.) Everyone was laughing when they finally realized the joke and close to a minute later when everyone was doing their own thing, there was a sudden flash of realization and I began to remember how slow I could get. I have to be cryptic here since by blogging about it, I'm spoiling the fun.

The stupidity doesn't stop there; during physics a while later, I began to panic after the sub-teacher told us to start completing our 'dynamics' worksheet (yes those were the actual words) so I got really worried because I thought that they had completed a whole chapter on 'dynamics' when I was gone and had started to go on doing worksheets even, so I was asking the people around me and they all said, Yes we've all finished learning that. So I got really panicky and He Xiang and Jun Hao told me that it was in the Physics textbook so I started flipping the pages feverishly but nope no chapter on dynamics. (At this point I was confused because I had never heard of such a chapter.)

And then after a while I asked someone about dynamics. And she said the teacher was referring to the stack of physics notes and worksheets that we use every physics lesson. Yes, that mundane pile, that collection of bad jokes that physicists love cracking, to the horror of their students. Oh how I groaned in supreme annoyance.

There's more. During Chinese lesson in the computer lab, I was supposed to access the culturetalk forum, but the right forum didn't appear for me so I had to use Andrea's account and I couldn't figure out how to post a response because everything was in Chinese. Then I realized I had been clicking the right button (in frustration) all along so I'm quite worried that I had posted multiple responses. But I don't think so anyway. Sigh...

A few minutes later, when Andrea when to Elizabeth's blog to check out that extensive namelist about the dinner thingy, he kinda got scared and intimidated by the initials that were 10 letters long. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment