Monday, July 21, 2008

and strength through joy

What's new? Nothing much, just watching a drama unfold in front of my eyes, and geez, I haven't received THAT call yet. I receive calls from people asking me about exam topics, from people heralding supremely bad and upsetting news, from my grandmother's friend (whom I presume sits in a rocking chair with frizzy and tightly permed hair with ears glued to an old bakelite phone), and the occasional telemarketer with the desperate HDB-buyer. But no. No call. And the offers have to be confirmed starting tomorrow.

Or maybe it's not meant to be and yeah I guess I'm pretty cool with that because I am entirely hating the fishy smell of elitism.

(But my fingers are tightly crossed for unconditional offers with the person on the line going "oh please please please join us you are our most prized asset oh you highly talented and capable individual with your acerbic wit and intellect etc. etc." and I will be like "no thanks I'm not gonna sell out right now after 4 weeks of waiting" before slamming the phone, and I will realise that this is, obviously, a dream and I'll start feeling foolish and silly for the entire morning".)

Btw, I'm bringing cookies tomorrow and cookies, unfortunately, do not have the capacity to walk over to you, let alone pry open the tupperware lid ;) Well, I've tried my best. And they're growing staler by the day.

(edit - freaking out because I thought there was E Maths tomorrow BUT I WAS WRONG IT'S A MATHS. PAPER 2. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHOOT ME NOW KTHX.)

No comments:

Post a Comment