Saturday, July 19, 2008

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies



At least I don't have to go through a bureaucratic process to make cookies. I found a recipe for these some time back, and I thought that it sounded pretty easy to follow. I mean, how difficult could making chocolate chip cookies get?




(I still had some cookie dough left over so I saved them for a bad day.)

These cookies are really huge. They are slightly bigger than the size of my palm, and you can slice it into individual sections, like a pizza, or a cake. It's really cute. I had a small portion with some earl grey tea and I dare say it was the most scrumptious thing I've ever eaten in the entire year. When I bit into it, it was like, dang this is really good, because there was so much chocolate in every mouthful, and the centre of the cookie was so moist and chewy, it was reminiscent of the kinds we used to buy at Subway. I used muscovado sugar and I think it upped the sweetness by a notch.

(Grown-ups, however, would often fail to understand the meaning of a chewy cookie. All the adults above the half-century mark in my household remarked that it wasn't crispy anymore. Uh, yeah. Because it was never meant to be and you didn't listen to my introduction the first time round.)

Anyway, it's really so so good. I'm going to use these as bribes. (Evil)

No comments:

Post a Comment