Sunday, November 02, 2008

and you can do it like that

Social studies is tomorrow and woe — I'm not feeling extremely prepared despite all the studying.

In other news, I've finally solved my phone woes by... getting a new phone. It's the C902. You know, that cybershot one. I've managed to convince my parents by talking about how I've done research on the internet and cross-referenced to the newspapers for more information, and I gave an optimistic projection of how much I thought it'll cost ($98 after trade-in, yes go on, mock me for my naivety) that we realised was a tad to presumptuous upon glancing at the actual display at junction 8, because as the seconds ticked by while my dad looked at the actual price tag, I realised that both of us were contemplating on the fact that it would cost less to get an iPhone, for crying out loud.

Though I now have a new phone, my parents said that this was going to be my christmas present. Well, merry christmas me. Not only that, they're putting my request for a new wardrobe on hold. (By wardrobe, I mean the thing that you put your clothes in, not the "Winter 08/09" or "Summer 2009" kinds.) This wardrobe is currently held together by elephant glue and approximately 10 cm of wire. The runners and ball-bearings for the drawers are gone, so my grandfather, being the 1950s-type handyman he is, used vaseline to lubricate it. I feel that my quality of life is being worsened. I know that adults can be mean, but I didn't know that they could be this cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment