Friday, November 07, 2008

love and communication

I've written four essays today in 3 hours and I feel pretty darn good about it. I'm pleased for every essay, except of MND's passage-based part (ii) because I dislike Bottom immensely but the passage-based setters apparently decided to impose their own preferences on us, so I had to deign to begrudgingly accept their own imperialistic attitudes and pretend to enjoy his presence in the play in order to appreciate and fulfill the requirements of the question.

I went out with Jeremy, Christabel, Xinyi and Rachel to Takashimaya after the papers to procure the much-celebrated shopping vouchers for tomorrow's bride! If I climbed into the skin of her mother-in-law, I would advise her, out of some genuine concern, to immediately head for the basement's food section for all the nourishment it can bring. This whole wedding thing is really quite exciting. After that, we went to Kinokuniya to bum around and look at books, reminding me of the cyclic nature of my ambitious holiday reading list and the futility of it in the face of fatalism, etc.

And as if Went-to-Town Syndrome didn't get me (sore legs, aching feet and general lethargy), I went for my sister's passing-out-parade thing at the camp for band majors at CCAB later in the evening with my mum, and felt so deprived of rest that I had this minor existentialist panic attack while eating satay? because I didn't know whether the satay was real or merely an illusion? but it tasted great anyway?

My mum also realised that her son would be, in future, inept at getting around on his own because he didn't realise that Newton Food Centre was not within comfortable walking distance to Serene Centre and that mecca of honest and decent ice cream. Also, my worst fears have been confirmed — I've been holding chopsticks the wrong way since nearly 13 years ago when I first picked them up. Urgh, I can't snicker at western-types who can't pick up their sushi with chopsticks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment