Sunday, November 23, 2008

nice rice

Just got off the phone after talking to Esther! We thought there was something wrong with the reception, because our calls got cut off at least three times in the span of one 5 minute conversation. My mum was like, "there's something wrong, it makes her sound far away" and I was like, she's like 2500 km away so that is unsurprising.

Anyway, I've just completed the main part of the design for the t-shirt for this year's camp in church!

I'm also going to provide piano accompaniment for DVBS :O

Sister's really excited about the kitschy watch she bought from HK, which has a picture of chairman mao with a cool hand that raises itself to a salute every second.

I have to fly Turkish Airlines to Tel Aviv with a transit at Istanbul, and it's gonna be a 12 hour flight! The thing with medium-to-long haul flights is that there's nothing much to do on board while waiting to reach your destination, and the cabin crew always serves you breakfast at unearthly hours that makes everything that goes down your throat feel as if they have a outer covering of fuzz and grits. At least there'll be a lower probability of me encountering cranky babies/terror tykes on board because it isn't Japan/Australia/Hong Kong/Korea I'm flying to — flights on SIA to these places are the worst, because the children are rarely cute and barely tolerable. (I know, I know, I'm horribly prejudiced so shame on me.)

I think I shall aim to complete Jakob von Gunten on board, while listening to Turkish pop on the radio. If I wanted to get any more continental I shall have to don a pageboy cap, which would be horribly unsuitable for a flight of course, or any on occasion whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment