Wednesday, January 10, 2007

corn

CCA orientation for the secondary ones today was... cool.

My sister could tell that the choir wasn't so excited about singing Breaking Free (but Cui Dong Cui was so much better), the band sounded very professional with a CD-like quality to their music, Lanterns Never Go Out was about being a different person that what you want to be and comforming to society's expectations and Dance was very good (and she could recognize Ruimin and Elizabeth). I didn't ask her about Guzheng but it's probably good as well (based on past performances). Well done, Esther! I'm so proud of you :D

OK. Choir today was tiring but pseudo-rewarding. At the end of practice, each row had to perform Cui Dong Cui for the rest to hear (to gauge our standards. Standards. What an annoying word.) and you know, being in the 1st row we're mostly made up of sec 2s and our numbers are, well, much smaller. Much smaller. So not surprisingly, we were quite bad. Gah.

I'm starting to find To Kill A Mockingbird quite an interesting book, albeit riddled with the foreign Southern American colloquial. I can't wait for Literature :3



I love the shape of trees!

1 comment: