Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've never been so enthused by a televised competition before.

Consider me a blessing/curse since I was documenting the episode of The Arena earlier. Did you notice, while interviews with the 'public' on their opinion of humour in Singapore were being conducted, the red sale banner at the Samuel & Kelvin store in the background drop off? I'm the kind who doesn't really pay attention what's going on in the foreground.












Oh well, my TV's still the prehistoric CRT kind. So many interfering lines! I was amazed by Tan Kheng Hua's eloquance when she gave her critique of the crossfire round but perhaps due to the blatant firing of examples to take the place of logic, the adjudication was neither promising nor was there even a hint of credit. But in the end I think she was the judge who managed to understand where the debate was going, instead of being flowery and enigmatic to exude some aura or lack thereof in her speech.

I expect the Xinmin vs. Loyang round to be... interesting. In the end, style mostly covers for lacklustre content, which may be annoying, depending on whose side you're on.

No comments:

Post a Comment