Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Integration, Surds, Inverse Matrices, oh my!

there once was boy
who got so sick of school in P5
that he had to resort to faking disease to stay at home to revise
and enjoy what was left of his childhood

there once was boy
who enjoys informing friends of his colour-blindness
and savouring their amazed
and mostly disturbed expressions
when told that the green and red files they waved mockingly in front of him
all appeared as black patches in his eyes

there once was a boy
who suddenly grew up
and got so boring
that his abhorrence towards
poor grammar and boring sentence structure
became predominant themes in his blog
much to the dismay of many loved ones

there once was a boy
who enjoyed debating
singing, planning, writing,
cooking (playing with food),
doing algebra, performing music,
reading, playing around with orchids,
drawing, painting,
and watching plays
though not all at the same time
which was a pity, because if a week
was 70 days long,
life could have perhaps been
more accomodating

there once was a boy
who,
suddenly
one day,
realized that SYF was undermining
the joy of singing and performing
and was again reminded of 6 hellish years in primary school
and to his horror, realized that
the one thing that he once looked forward to each week
has turned into 2 and a half hours of
insane, traumatizing, hurting, torturing,
bitter, agonizing, tormenting, vicious
ugly, depressing, sickening, spiteful
hateful, weary, worrisome, joyless and unbelievably negative experiences that don't deserve a pleasant and pleasing sentence structure in any poem however bleak or darkly poetic it may seem but whatever you know I'm just too tired and angry to write any more rubbish or let alone sing rubbish or speak rubbish and get rubbish back but everyone's being so rubbishy I just can't understand moronic behaviour or even speak of it cos who cares it's rubish anyway but who hears me I haven't been angsty for a long time but it builds up when everywhere I go I never fail to see at least something in my field of view that's getting into my nerves oh well it's not the fault of people that they may be insensitive at times but when they seem so deaf sometimes i feel like ripping their throats out dammit so they'll finally listen instead of flopping around while people are trying to cover up for them. Ugh.

I hope that's now out of my system!

no it isn't, yet. because

shucks I'm already getting a headache from practice just now. It's not funny if teachers are getting so worried for us and only a handful of people are practising so hard only for the less passionate ones to ruin everything. Fffffh. Which is why I lose my appetite before every choir practice. And that's why I've grown into hating Wednesdays and Fridays, because I anticipate feeling the pits after every practice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment