Sunday, August 03, 2008

Licking beaters

I made mushroom soup using the immersion blender today! It was so convenient! Usually, I have to pour the unblended soup into the blender in annoying watery-chunky batches, which did not help with the cleaning-up at all. Now I just stick the thing in and it purees right it in my pot! While it continues to simmer! And there's no splattering even! It is so amazing and I shall make a tomato-based soup the next time I actually have inspiration to do a soup. Also, for today's soup, I grilled slivers of fresh button mushrooms with sea salt and black pepper in attempt to do a pretentious take on the truffles that people put on cream/puree/confit/reduction-of-so-and-so type soupy dishes just to be fancy-schmancy. I then added the slices on top of each bowl as a garnish, and to provide added flavour.

And I've made more cookie dough. Will bake them tomorrow morning! (there's no school!)

I have been using too many exclamation marks these few days. I don't want to come across as those irritating shouty-types who get worked up over small things and have tendencies to squeal/yell/bellow.

And if you're bored;
Net Disaster!
This is fun! You get to type in a website's URL (preferably of one you particularly dislike), and then choose your mode of destruction from the extensive list of options available! I'd recommend the vomit one. A guy walks along the webpage and vomits, but continues walking and leaves gross trails of stepped-on vomit around your target! (If you're into that sort of thing.) There are also choices like mold, dog poop, mars attacks... the Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment