Friday, August 29, 2008

stars and butterflies

The holidays have started off with a bang! (This is within the same vein as Christabel's exuberance.) Teachers' Day celebration was a blast, my report book was finally not totally disappointing after the year-long drought of pleasant results, and I'm feeling so aligned with myself, for once.

Also, I received a call today! At first I thought it was Andrea because it was a private number, but when I answered, I heard a voice that did not seem familiar. It sounded as if the person on the other side was blonde with blue eyes and freckled cheeks, and I struggled to pinpoint her identity.

Then, she hinted, rather coyly, that she was overseas and this was an international call (at which point I died inside because of overseas dialing charges and the like), and she's been to the US and China. In that instant, I nearly screamed her full name in the phone out of disbelief because OMG, I SWEAR IT SOUNDED NOTHING LIKE HER and she was like hahaha and I was absolutely TAKEN ABACK. I thought someone had dialed the wrong number and was, in actuality, looking for a friend in Sierra Leone or Slovenia instead. And here I was minding my own business, only to have someone from the not-so-distant past come screaming back to you.

Oh, can you guess who? It is blindingly obvious, yet totally out of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment