Tuesday, October 03, 2006

EOYs - Day 0

I went to mug with Andrea and Shaojie at the Bishan library this afternoon, but not before having lunch and getting my passport-sized photo taken. But I wasted $6 because of a wrong selection, so now I have a huge near-postcard sized photograph of me grinning stupidly (that surprisingly, most people ask whether they could have it. I know, I look great huh :) ) But that meant a few days of skipping recess... which is a promise made to myself that I can't keep, because we're not allowed to stay around the classrooms so the best place to go would then be the canteen, where one would be obliged to purchase some food due to peer pressure and encouragement from the mass media to 'keep fit by eating two servings of fruits and vegetables everyday' and from education, because 'it is important to stay in the healthy weight range' and since 'anorexia is a eating-disorder, with sufferers skipping meals and often giving the excuse that they are saving money', I don't want any suspicion.

But anyway, we spent our time in the library mostly reading geography (and I did E. Maths) before getting distracted by books on Applied Psychology and Western Philosophy and Animal Rights. Well I needed a break!

Right now my sister is half-panicking because she's taking her first PSLE paper tomorrow!



And that's really all the pens she's packing into her huge pencilcase. Two years ago, I hardly cared whether my remaining pen still had ink or not. Ah well.

And I'm the one panicking because MT oral will be one of the papers tomorrow and I can't utter a sentence of Mandarin that sounds clever and convincing. (especially for simple phrases like 'sponge' and 'absorbant' and 'porous') (yes I was trying to translate an episode of Spongebob Squarepants into Chinese.)

And I've figured out that I really hated life in primary school. I prefer secondary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment