Friday, October 13, 2006

Washed out

I hated today. It was noisy, loud and full of insensitivity. But still, I've learnt to appreciate the people in school more, because their funny, almost eccentric ways never fail to crack me up. Yes, keeping a downtrodden face doesn't help or make everyone want to cheer you up. Staying depressed won't make me feel more confident or content. I hope that from the things that happened today, I'll begin to understand my own fragility without God. And that results aren't everything, because we need to ask ourselves: so what if you end up taking 4 more subjects than other people? I'll have 5 minutes of short-lived happiness when seeing the results, but 2 years of hardship and stress that will affect the other more imprtant areas in life?

Results aren't everything, even though society and our own government has to force predefined roles and their perceptions down our throat. What matters is whether one is convinced that our subject combinations are what we are most capable of. So even though how well I do in examinations are of certain importance, my top priority still is not just to myself, but to God.

Another thing I lack: patience and the ability to manage my own impulsivity. Sometimes emotions may be difficult to contain, but I believe that rational thinking often becomes diluted in our own sea of anger or discontent.

No comments:

Post a Comment