Sunday, October 29, 2006

Let it pour

You know,
sometimes I feel as if everything that happens to me is one big screwed-up practical joke that lasts for an eternity. Ha.

Like the times when I go flat broke, but my sister seems to have an everlasting flow of cash (curse primary school canteen food and their economics).
Like the times when I receive 3 messages on my phone, only to open them and see (i) something about grad night, (ii) something about SL camp, (iii) something about going to school early.
Like the times when your grandmother needs everything you say to be repeated twice (though sometimes, thrice), and when all you hear are the pointless nagging. (about drugged candy and smoking and coffee being a vice and all.)
Like the times when no one cares about helping someone 'beyond hope' anymore and have to force smiles in front of him. I don't understand why adults do that too. Perhaps they would rather be in their exclusive little Wisteria Lane-type lives. (yep, smear on that concealer! Loads of it.) Hypocrisy. And in front of children too.
Like the times when flight tickets sell out on you.

Blah blah blah. Blogging negatively ain't gonna do anything for my sanity.

So anyway Xinmin's in the Arena!! I think we performed alot better than most teams.


That's Junyi, Mingting, Fatimah, Andrea and me! (who is oh-so unfortunately slouching)
I've never made friends from other schools through SLB, nor through choir, but I think debate is one of the most social CCAs you can ever get (apart from, ohh I don't know, competitive social dancing?)



That's Andrea, Mingting and I. Mingting looks... slightly small here. Uh huh XD


Uh. The main focal point is really on the people on stage. Look at Andrea's cool pose!


Me and Vidya. I'm the one with the asymetrical smile on the left :(


That's them about to hear the results.


End result: cutesy certificate of congratulations. Ok mine's rather blur. You should see Andrea's blog for the clearer one.

The struggle to get dinner and return home was quite eventful, actually. While outside SIM trying to hail a cab, someone noticed the snails all over the grass and concrete we were stepping on, so naturally we all got out of the way. Until we heard this cracking sound (but it couldn't be help, the snail was hiding in the darkness under the grass!). So the smell of snail wafted through the air and we walked on to look for a taxi. Interestingly, there were many of them but not surprisingly, all hired. @#*! transportation!! Anyway we crossed the road, waved goodbye to Fatimah and her friend (as they boarded the cab. Sniff), and walked some more beside this forest, all while trying to flag down a taxi in futile attempts. I could almost visualize the passengers in the cab sneering at us!

We carried on walking until someone wanted to take the bus down first. So we crossed the intersection near Maju camp and we saw a taxi. It was bright. It was yellow. It gleamed and twinkled under the glare of the streetlamps. So naturally, we rushed in and gasp—accidently left Sid behind! In the dark! In the cold! All alone!

I hope he saw Nelson's smsed apology.

Well we finally boarded the cab, made our way down to Hougang Mall and pigged out at Cafe Cartel. (But Mingting couldn't join us then.)

We had the Supreme Platter (good), Texas Rodeo Ribs (good) and $6.20 chicken wings. So not good.There were only three, boring sized, boring-cut wings. 3!






Here's a picture shamlessly ripped from Andrea's blog! It's a acceptable looking photo of me.

And right now it's not very early and I'm tired so my brain is rather like this.



(It's supposed to mean hazy. Har de har har har)

No comments:

Post a Comment