Wednesday, October 11, 2006

EOYs - Day 5 & 6

I can't help mentioning, but this is my 200th post :D I'm 200 posts young. Heh heh.

DAY 5

Science (biology, chemistry and physics) was sad and nerve wrecking! I shall predict my results now (I did pretty badly for the Physics componant)
I might get (out of 20)—
15 for Biology
16 for Chemistry
and
13 for Physics. (yes I screwed up the last question. how was I supposed to imagine that kid travelling to school nearly 5km away in a few minutes just on a bicycle??)

Art. That was the last art exam I would have sat for in my entire life (though hopefully not). I think I made the colours too pale and muted though, not that vibrant and outstanding as say, using simple primary and some secondary colours like the others.

DAY 6

Literature paper was so fun! We had unseen poetry and this time the poem was about a beggar in Bombay (heh– alliteration). Sadly, I spent 30 minutes on my Unseen Poetry, which, even sadder, was only the first section. Still I'm glad I filled up 2 pages of meaningful stuff. The usual questions came out for Monkey's Paw (well there isn't very much to ask since it's only a play slightly below twenty pages). At the moment I was attacking the paper, we were reminded to write at least 2 pages for each question, sparking panic among most of us. Note to self: write faster next time!

But when answering Literature essay questions, I need to get into the mood for Literature first. By numbing the sensations in my hand (they say that you don't feel anything once you've crossed the pain threshold) and mentally preparing myself to switch to Flowery Language Mode (in which I start sounding almost pretentious, which is the problem that I fear the most).

Section C was about Animal Farm. Yes, even though Animal Farm may be considered a 'classic', or at least, a significant work on political satire, the themes about power and corruption and equality sometimes gets too much into me that I start accusing (need I say, wrongly, accusing) some authorities of becoming tyrannical and somewhat beucreaucratic. I feel that Animal Farm did not exactly enlighten me, but brainwashed me into cynicism. George Orwell is one clever chap.


I'm sad. Sad and worried for those who seem almost unsure, or even ashamed of their faith to call themselves Christian. I do feel very, very encouraged by my other friends who are really devoted and disciplined, but then again, it is the ill who needs the attention of a doctor the most (I'm having a Mr-Lim-and-his-analogies moment). Nevermind, we shall continue in our prayers about them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment