Friday, October 20, 2006

Results

I feel kinda upset because I didn't manage to attain 75 for science. I got 74.
But all my subjects were pretty slightly-above average, and since consistancy is good, it all adds up (I guess)

Let's review my subjects, starting from the best. It makes me feel less worried (kinda) :

Geography - 84 (A1)
could have done better... dang.

Art - 84 (A1)
alright... I guess

Mathematics (Elementary) - 83 (A1)
Not good. I should have double checked paper 2! Because it sucked very badly T_T

Home Economics - 80 (A1)
I scored A1 in most of the mundane things... But still I could have done better

English - 76 (A1)
A1! Quite happy about it. But still could have done better

EL Literature - 74 (A2)
A2 for literature... ARGH. ARGH. ARGHKK. Quite idiotic. V. v. disappointing.

Science - 74 (A2)
If only I had changed my answer for Physics Section B! Woe.

History - 70 (A2)
Oh no...

Design & Technology - 69 (B3)
Nope I won't be taking that now

Chinese - 59 (C5)
Not surprising. But annoying because I improved greatly in SA2 itself. And I'm proud of it.

And A for music and CME.
And A2 for Project Work. Interestingly the teacher felt I put in lesser effort than the others. But it's ok, really.

Which makes my total percentage 75.3 and my level position 17th so far. I'm regressing! It's funny how a decimal point can determine exactly whether one person is better than the other person (academically, of course)

And I've got just a measly bronze for NAPFA. Sit and reach is just so relative to our own body types.

But the high distinction for English NSW put some glimmer into the day. (but I'm still griping that they never show recognition for that. Even the certificates are the same boring blue for every catagory of prizes. Everyone places so much emphasis on writing writing writing. Not that that's a bad thing, but some people can't do descriptive; some can't do argumentative. Let's not discourage future Man Booker Prize award winners by forcing writing questions with possibly conformist attitudes and not forgetting the cliché starting lines! Spare a thought for the markers!)

Time and time again I still have to remind myself that my results are really God-given graces. I have to remember that the most important thing is to acknowledge that all these are for the glory of God. The songs we sing, the things we say, even our thoughts and intentions should glorify him.

I'll really miss 1E3 and 203!

But when you've got a debate 'competition' coming up, little time is left for mere sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment