Thursday, October 05, 2006

EOYs - Day 2

YESS!

Ben Sherman and Miss Selfridge are re-opening in Singapore!! And they are having their It's a mod mod world fashion show tomorrow at the paragon but I'd be stuck slogging for art exam. Ugh.

MT paper 1 was alright—I ended up writing about one destructive boy who didn't receive enough love from the people around him. And formal letter writing wasn't too bad either, although I think I wrote a wrong numerical form in my letter.

MT paper 2 was no so alright. I managed to finish all the questions but some of my answers were as good as leaving the question blank! The cloze passage was about grass and its strength and resilience, etc. etc., the most memorable passage, for me was the first comprehension passage about independence (which gave me a very very bad impression of the author's sense of judgement). At first I panicked, because I didn't know what the passage was talking about, and actually thought for some time that the author was talking about dieting until I read the last sentence. Heh. I shall never be able to become fully Chinese, despite actually being in HMT in primary school and passing it for PSLE. (Not many people are convinced of my ethnicity so I usually have to lie if I was in a hurry, sadly.)

I'll be sitting for my English Paper 1 and Geography paper tomorrow– two fun, managable subjects! I'm kinda starting to love exams more.

Did I mention I'm starting to find the work of Claude Debussy wonderful and perhaps almost even magical? I especially enjoy Arabesque no.1 and Reverie. He weaves intricate patterns and sculpts soundscapes that are still fresh and relevant today, something that I particularly admire in most classical piano music. Try searching for him in the iTunes Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment